Everyone in my house has an easy peasy morning routine. If Hot Hubs didn’t get up and start boiling water for coffee as part of his routine, I would never get out of bed. Because, coffee. If the kids didn’t have a routine (complete with a checklist… post to follow) they would never get to school. Notice I didn’t see never get to school on time. I mean, they would NEVER get to school. I have worked out a very basic morning routine for success, please feel free to snag mine if you don’t have your set up.
My Easy Peasy Morning Routine
Have you read The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins? If you haven’t, please call your local bookshop and get a copy! Stat! I am reading it right now. It’s not the first book I’ve read about the importance of a morning routine (hello, FlyLady!) but it is the first to give me an actual tool to my ass out of bed. Which, if you haven’t guessed, is the first step to any morning routine. Now, since I’m a bit of a newbie to this routine business (okay, okay, newbie AGAIN!) I am starting small. If you don’t have a routine in place, please feel free to steal my easy peasy morning routine and adapt it to your life.
- 5,4,3,2,1 myself out of bed
- Coffee. All the coffee.
- Avoid facebook like the plague. Step away from the phone, lady.
- Sit and plan my day. For me this means getting my sales goals to my peeps, looking over what needs to be done both at work and at home.
- As my dad used to say, Shit, Shower & Shave. Side note: I’ve been slacking on the shave dept. Sorry, Hot Hubs!
- Get dressed and do something to my face. This is usually something like moisturizer and mascara. Sometimes I get fancy and really do it up. It seems like this is crucial for a feel-good day.
- Rouse kids and get them started on their routines.
- Feed the masses. Since time is short, this is always something simple. Like toast and PB, or yogurt and fruit. Hey, I ain’t runnin’ for mother of the year.
- Make lunches. Becuase I have three lunches to make, all three get the same dang thing.
- Use the Tile app to find my keys because I haven’t mastered my evening routine yet.
- Pack my work bag & go!
Do you have a morning routine that works for you? Have you written it out? Will you share it with us? Drop us your favorite routine tips over on our facebook page